Purpose of SAP Fiori
SAP Fiori is a collection of apps that represent the new SAP user experience. SAP Fiori apps have a consistent design language and make use of a common technical infrastructure. They provide a consistent end-to-end user experience and can be used across all device types without creating additional implementation effort.
Organized by user role, the SAP Fiori launchpad is the central entry hub to all Fiori apps where users access apps via tiles. The launchpad has services for navigation, personalization, single sign-on, and search. The launchpad and the tiles are flexible and can be adapted to your needs. You can use the search in the SAP Fiori launchpad to perform a cross-entity search through core SAP Business Suite applications. The search uses the SAP NetWeaver Embedded Search technology on a SAP HANA database. New SAP HANA-enabled search models are delivered for core business objects.
The Fiori apps focus on critical and common activities and are designed around how people work:
• Role-based: Fiori apps decompose complex applications into a task-based experience with one central entry point for each user.
• Responsive: Fiori apps adapt to all sizes, devices, versions, and channels to provide a common user experience across all channels.
• Simple: Fiori apps follow the 1-1-3 experience (1 user, 1 scenario, 3 screens). They know and provide the right context and meaningful data integration.
• Coherent user experience with apps that speak the same design language. This implies coherence for common activities as well as coherence for your brand.
• Instant value with a low barrier to adoption, enabling customers to adapt and users to personalize.
• Interactive on desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms
All UIs are built using state-of-the-art technology such as HTML5 and SAP UI5 mobile. Fiori apps allow you to access the most recent version of your back-end data via OData services. Through previously defined roles and authorizations, you can specify which apps and which data a user is allowed to access.
The purpose of this document is to give the user all necessary information around the SAP Fiori apps for MM to be able to run them on top of the SAP Best Practices MM processes.