In Italy, government issues CUP and CIG codes to identify contracts or assignments with public investments. These codes help the government to track the financial data.
- CUP (Codice Unico di Progetto) – Unique Project Code
- CIG (Codice Identificativo Gara) – Tender Identification Code
Since 2015 new MGO code is required when public investment project is big and strategic:
- MGO (Monitoraggio Grandi Opere) – Big Project Monitoring
- It needs to be submitted with credit transfer together with CUP
- It is an extension of the CUP/CIG functionality
There are only several valid options how CUP, CIG and MGO codes can be combined and processed: