Central finance is one of the deployment option of SAP S/4HANA where the present ERP system(s) with SAP or Non SAP category will be connected to the SAP S/4HANA system and the document replication will happen in real time. It supports several replication models. Please refer to another blog for more details – SAP Central Finance 1809 Functionalities | SAP Blogs
(source – SAP.com)
- Asset Accounting document replication is not supported
- Postings to CO-FI reconciliation ledger (GL Reconciliation Postings)
- Year-end closing postings where the reference transaction (AWTYP) is GLYEC
- Clearings are not transferred as part of the initial load, but you can activate the transfer of clearings via ongoing replication.
- Clearing resets are not transferred as part of the initial load but you can activate the transfer of clearing resets via ongoing replication.
- Recurring entries & Sample documents
- Noted items (apart from down payment requests and payment requests)
- Parked documents & Balance carry forward items
- SAP Central Finance
- SAP System Landscape Transformation
- SAP MDG licence is optional to use. If full-fledged Master Data governance is needed then implement MDG else CFIN can be implemented without MDG
- Real time replication
- Simplified reporting
- Single source for consolidation
- Non-Disruptive migration to S/4HANA
- Implementation of Central Processes like – Central Payments, In house Cash for working Capital, Central Receivables
When not to use CFIN?
- CFIN is not a good choice when the organization have only one ERP system
- If that’s non SAP that can be converted to SAP S/4HANA as greenfield implementation and if that’s SAP ECC that can be migrated to SAP S/4HANA
- CFIN is useful and worth investing if the landscape have more than 1 ERP and business model is inclined towards M&A where more ERPs can join the game in future
Key SAP Notes
- 2184567 – Central Finance FAQ
- 2323494 – Overview of notes relevant for source system
- 2196783 – Central Finance: Error handling with AIF
- 2202650 – Central Finance: Error Handling for Replication of FI Documents
- 2202691 – Central Finance: Error Handling in AIF for Replication of CO documents and Cost Objects
- 2154420: SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance
- 1353125, 1497092, 1670486, 2078335 -Replication of Accounting documents with more than 999-line items
(source SAP.com. For updated roadmap follow SAP.com)
The SAP Model Company for Central Finance allows to ‘quick start’ the Central Finance project and enables a sound foundational design. It helps to reduce costs, decrease risks and provide guidance for the right decisions. What’s included?
- Ready-to-run accelerators including project management, functional and technical / configuration guides
- Enablement session, vision & scoping workshop
- MC Delta for rapid data profiling
- Covering S4HANA, Central Finance, SLT – System Landscape Transformation, MDG – Master Data Governance, PO – Process Orchestration, FIORI
- Discovery Landscape available on-demand
For more details on Model company refer – SAP Model Company in Central Finance Implementation | SAP Blogs
Hope this gives fair understanding of CFIN.
Note – Images are taken from Internet or SAP.com
Okumaya devam et...